Location: Fairfield, CA
Promise helps utilities and government agencies create flexible and affordable solutions for customers struggling to pay off their debt. Our intuitive approach to payment plans and relief distribution leads to increased customer enrollment and recovery rates that are far higher than the industry standard. As a result, customers pay off debt sooner and with fewer penalties, and our partners reduce delinquencies and increase revenue.
The Promise team strives to treat people who are struggling with dignity and provide them with the tools and resources they need to succeed. Our expertise spans sectors: we are technology experts from companies like Google, Stripe, and Palantir, as well as accomplished government leaders. We have raised over $50 million and we’re backed by leading investors such as Kapor Capital, XYZ Ventures, Bronze Investments, First Round Capital, Y Combinator, The General Partnership (formerly Sweat Equity Ventures), Howard Schultz, and others. We're proud to have recently been chosen as one of Fast Company's "World's Most Innovative Companies of 2022."
We’re looking for an experienced, sales-oriented Client Success Lead (CSL) to help manage our growing call center. The CSL’s primary responsibility will be to serve as “air traffic control” for the team, handling everything from training to escalations to managing schedule changes. Your secondary responsibility will be to jump in and help the team handle client inquiries via phone or email. The CSL must enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission- and results-driven and different each day. The role will appeal to candidates who are high-energy and motivated. This position pays between $25.00 per hour and $31.00 per hour. Final offer amounts depend on multiple factors, including candidate skills, experience, geographic location, and compensation/equity mix.
Why you should join us:
- You’re a “closer” – you’re passionate about our mission and motivated by tallying up all the new clients the team was able to assist that day.
- You know the difference between mediocre and best-in-class customer service – and have an innate desire to empower the team to provide the latter. You know that it’s not just about getting the sign-up: you want to give that client the best possible experience from start to finish.
- You want to be part of a company with a mission to improve lives. We’re a values-first organization and will often bypass the most profitable path for the one that’s the right thing to do for our clients. You’re excited to contribute in a meaningful way to our mission.
Why you shouldn't:
- It can be difficult for you to quickly get to resolutions – when you get someone on the phone it’s sometimes tough to get them over the finish line into enrollment because it feels rude to you to speed things up. This role would require you to move through new potential clients quickly and tactfully, and not get stuck in rabbit holes.
- We're a small team and our product is constantly evolving as we add new customers. If you prefer working in a more structured and established environment where the offering is always the same and you know what you’re walking into everyday, we're probably not the right place for you. Life here is fast-paced and often unpredictable, which we like but know is not for everyone.
- You get overwhelmed easily and would have difficulty prioritizing and routing inquiries amongst the different communication channels, product offerings, and client needs.
What you'll do:
- Help onboard new team members and train existing team members through any changes in our product or the customer’s business rules.
- Supervise daily workflows ensuring execution of all necessary tasks and support functions.
- Manage the front line to meet priorities: always have your eye on daily goals and KPIs.
- Work with the Director of Client Success to determine coverage if team members’ schedules change.
- Handle reporting and analytics on Client Success key metrics as needed.
- Handle inbound client inquiries via phone, email, text, or chat.
- Guide new clients gracefully but swiftly into Promise’s services, then move on to the next client.
- Track outcomes and other data in client management systems and spreadsheets for accurate data analysis and reporting.
- Flag any escalations or areas of concern to the appropriate party in a timely fashion.
- Become an expert regarding the data, rules, and policies for the customers you oversee; know when to engage the Director for support.
- Help manage all Client learnings for product development.
- Be reachable nights and weekends for emergencies.
You’re a great fit for the role if you are:
- Sales-oriented with a hunger for closing deals.
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal. You’re articulate and can get to the point quickly but kindly.
- Compassionate: you can understand and empathize with our clients, some of whom are in difficult financial situations. You’d never treat them with anything less than the utmost respect.
- Thick-skinned: you can handle all kinds of different personalities and client moods with grace; you’re energized by turning frustrated or distressed clients into hopeful ones.
- Naturally positive and high-energy: you bring your best self to work every day.
- A bit of a perfectionist: you always check your work for errors before hitting ‘send.’
- An expert multitasker: you can triage in the moment, juggling a number of clients without losing sight of important or unresolved cases.
- Reliable, punctual, and someone who always follows through.
- Someone who thrives on new challenges – we are always changing and you’re up for the ride!
- Tech savvy: you’re adept at learning new tools and technologies.
- A good team player who people like working with.
- Resourceful and an ‘expert learner.’ You’re naturally curious and good at figuring new things out.
- Good at spotting patterns in customer behaviors – and comfortable sharing them with your manager.
- Known for your strong work ethic: you love to work and are motivated by a job well done.
Time Requirement: Full time. (5) 8-hour shifts between the hours of 4am and 4pm PT, Monday through Saturday. Exact schedule to be determined at time of hire.
Promise is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or military or veteran status. In addition, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it operates and is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Promise also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, pregnant individuals, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in accordance with applicable laws.
Due to our work with the US government, we can only hire US citizens. Candidates living in other countries need not apply.