Promise helps utilities and government agencies create flexible and affordable solutions for customers struggling to pay off their debt. Our intuitive approach to payment plans and relief distribution leads to increased customer enrollment and recovery rates that are far higher than the industry standard. As a result, customers pay off debt sooner and with fewer penalties, and our partners reduce delinquencies and increase revenue.
The Promise team strives to treat people who are struggling with dignity and provide them with the tools and resources they need to succeed. Our expertise spans sectors: we are technology experts from companies like Google, Stripe, and Palantir, as well as accomplished government leaders. We have raised over $50 million and we’re backed by leading investors such as Kapor Capital, XYZ Ventures, Bronze Investments, First Round Capital, Y Combinator, The General Partnership (formerly Sweat Equity Ventures), Howard Schultz, and others. We're proud to have recently been chosen as one of Fast Company's "World's Most Innovative Companies of 2022."
The FP&A Analyst will partner closely with the CFO to facilitate the scalability of the business by playing a core role in financial reporting; financial systems management; budgeting and planning; working capital and cash flow management. This position pays between $90,000.00 per year and $150,000.00 per year. Final offer amounts depend on multiple factors, including candidate skills, experience, geographic location, and compensation/equity mix.
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting packages to various stakeholders: CFO, CEO, management team and the company
- Assist in the design, presentation, and monitoring of timely and relevant reporting, dashboards and benchmarks to support and drive strategic and operational decision-making
- Serve as the right hand to the CFO, assisting her with the business’s top priorities
- Track revenue recognition of all contracts and work with the accounting team to ensure that entries are recorded correctly
- Become intimately familiar with our FP&A software (OnPlan) and related systems used to track revenue and costs, perform scenario analysis, ensuring accuracy and easy extraction of critical financial information to help drive business decisions
- Analyze actual performance v. forecast and develop insightful business reviews in partnership with relevant business partners
Budget and Forecasting
- Assist with the design and oversee effective, consolidated budget model
- Assist in annual budgeting process and work with functional areas by providing meaningful data
- Collaborate with the Corporate Accounting team to manage and improve cash flow forecasting process
- Provide analysis on key metrics as well as actual financial results vs. budget and prior year for the review with internal stakeholders
- Support and advise senior management with insightful ad hoc financial analysis supporting operational efficiencies and driving profitable growth
- Refine financial models to evaluate new business opportunities
You’re a Great Fit for the Role if You:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
- Advanced knowledge of Excel/Google Sheets and managing large Excel/Google Sheets based models and data sets required
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work closely with a senior management team and external stakeholders
- Are highly analytical, detail-oriented, thorough, and a bit of a perfectionist: you always check your work for typos before hitting ‘send.’
- Can work quickly, without sacrificing quality.
- Are an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, including an ability to translate learnings into content for slide or written presentations.
- Are someone who thrives on new challenges – we are always changing and you’re up for the ride!
- Have a strong work ethic and are self-directed: you don’t need to be told what to do next.
- Are excited about our mission: you want to prove that moving away from punitive approaches to non-payment and treating people with dignity can be a win for everyone.
Promise is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or military or veteran status. In addition, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it operates and is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Promise also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, pregnant individuals, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in accordance with applicable laws.
Due to our work with the US government, we can only hire US citizens. Candidates living in other countries need not apply.