Promise modernizes and humanizes government payments. We are a comprehensive payments platform that increases revenue and efficiency for government agencies. We help residents navigate payments with dignity and ease to avoid the negative consequences of non-payment. Promise’s win-win services strengthen the bond between government agencies and the communities that they serve.
We’re looking for an experienced, sales-oriented Customer Success Associate (CSA) to join our growing team. The CSA will handle inbound customer inquiries and proactive outreach in an effort to enroll new customers and engage and assist existing ones. The CSA’s primary responsibility will be to convert potential customers into new customers by signing them up for one of Promise’s services. The CSA’s secondary responsibility will be assisting existing customers with a variety of matters, from changing their payment method to skipping a payment to teaching them how to navigate the platform, etc. The CSA must enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission- and results-driven and different each day. The role will appeal to candidates who are high-energy and motivated.
Why you should join us:
- You’re a “closer” – you’re passionate about sales and are motivated by tallying up all the new customers you were able to assist that day.
- You know the difference between mediocre and best-in-class customer service – and have an innate desire to provide the latter. You know that it’s not just about getting the sign-up: you want to give that customer the best possible experience from start to finish.
- You want to be part of a company with a mission to improve lives. We’re a values-first organization and will often bypass the most profitable path for the one that’s the right thing to do for our customers. You’re excited to contribute in a meaningful way to our mission.
Why you shouldn't:
- It can be difficult for you to quickly get to resolutions – when you get someone on the phone it’s sometimes tough to get them over the finish line into enrollment because it feels rude to you to speed things up or cut them off. This role would require you to move through potential new customers quickly and tactfully, and not get stuck in rabbit holes.
- We're small, mostly remote (during COVID), and our product is constantly evolving. If you prefer working in a more structured and established environment where the offering is always the same and you know what you’re walking into everyday, we're probably not the right place for you. Life here is fast-paced and often unpredictable, which we like but know is not for everyone.
- You get overwhelmed easily and would have difficulty prioritizing and routing inquiries amongst the different communication channels, product offerings, and customer needs.
What you'll do:
- Handle inbound customer inquiries via phone, email, text, or chat.
- Guide new customers gracefully but swiftly into Promise’s services, then move on to the next customer.
- Flag any escalations or areas of concern to the appropriate party in a timely fashion.
- Handle outbound customer outreach.
- Track outcomes and other data in customer management systems and spreadsheets for accurate data analysis and reporting.
- Assist new team members as they learn the systems, scripts, and product offering and we continue to grow the team!
You’re a great fit for the role if you are:
- Sales-oriented with a hunger for closing deals.
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal. You’re articulate and can get to the point quickly but kindly.
- Compassionate: you can understand and empathize with our customers, some of whom are in difficult financial situations. You’d never treat them with anything less than the utmost respect.
- Thick-skinned: you can handle all kinds of different personalities and customer moods with grace; you’re energized by turning frustrated or distressed customers into hopeful ones.
- Naturally positive and high-energy: you bring your best self to work every day.
- A bit of a perfectionist: you always check your work for errors before hitting ‘send.’
- An expert multitasker: you can triage in the moment, juggling a number of customers without losing sight of important or unresolved cases.
- Reliable, punctual, and someone who always follows through.
- Someone who thrives on new challenges – we are always changing and you’re up for the ride!
- Tech savvy: you’re adept at learning new tools and technologies.
- A good team player who people like working with.
- Resourceful and an ‘expert learner.’ You’re naturally curious and good at figuring new things out.
- Good at spotting patterns in customer behaviors – and comfortable sharing them with your manager.
- Possess a strong work ethic: you love to work and are motivated by a job well done.
Time requirement: Full time, M-F, 8-hour shifts between the hours of 5am-8pm PST.
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience.