We’re looking for a key frontend architect to help us build better products for governments and the people they serve.
Promise is a government payment platform built for the people. Each year, thousands of individuals face significant consequences for the failure to pay government debt. Promise has found that many want to pay but are blocked by a confusing and rigid system. We’re solving this problem with a more humane approach that leads to significantly higher payments. This means citizens pay off debt faster, consequences are reduced, and government is more efficient.
- Collaborate across the organization to ensure our technology solves real-world problems for our users.
- Own our frontend tooling and architecture.
- Be a leading voice in component design, performance, and accessibility.
- Take a data-driven approach to iterating on new features.
- Write code designed to run in enterprise production systems for a long time.
- Build on our existing technology stack while learning new technology and driving good technical decision-making.
Applicants must have:
- A drive to build software that promotes equity and accessibility.
- Strong ability to take ownership in a growing engineering team.
You may be a great fit if you have:
- Built software for government or for consumers.
- Worked with financial technology.
- Experience scaling technology through stages of growth.
- Experience with our tech stack: TypeScript, React, NodeJS.
- Experience working across the stack: API design, Google Cloud Functions, AWS Lambdas.
- Experience contributing to design systems.
- Experience evaluating frontend testing frameworks.
- Experience optimizing web performance.
We review applications at least weekly, and we will reach out for a phone interview with qualified applicants.