Promise helps utilities and government agencies create flexible and affordable solutions for customers struggling to pay off their debt. Our intuitive approach to payment plans and relief distribution leads to increased customer enrollment and a 95%+ recovery rate on scheduled payments. As a result, customers pay off debt sooner and with fewer penalties, and our partners reduce delinquencies and increase revenue.
The Promise team strives to treat people who are struggling with dignity and provide them with the tools and resources they need to succeed. Our expertise spans sectors: we are technology experts from companies like Google, Stripe and Palantir, as well as accomplished government leaders. We have raised over $20 million, and we’re backed by leading investors such as First Round Capital, Kapor Capital, and Y-Combinator.
Reporting into the CEO, the Head of Finance will have the opportunity to drive revenue and profitability through advanced financial modeling. They will oversee all financial planning processes and accounting operations, and employ revenue metrics to drive business strategy.
The ideal candidate will provide the CEO an accurate picture of the cash situation and burn at all times, and help build realistic projections (and reforecast as necessary). In this highly collaborative role, you will develop close relationships across teams (Sales, Business Development, Product/Engineering, Data, Customer Success, etc.) in helping to guide business strategy/initiatives.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with the CEO and other senior team members to build and maintain a full financial model and drive business strategy
- Maintain responsibility for all company finances, including accounts payable and receivable, month-end financials, annual audits, etc.
- Analyze all revenue and expenses and advise on strategic cuts or investments, with the goal of increasing margins
- Oversee all financial planning, including budgeting, projections, etc.
- Design and adapt the pricing model and optimize all pricing-related contracts (Stripe, Plaid, etc.)
- Produce all investor and board updates and communications related to finances
- Manage a bookkeeper and - depending on the scope of contracts - recruit and hire additional team members to to manage ongoing financial reconciliations
- 8+ years of experience in business strategy / analytics, operational FP&A, private equity, investment banking, consulting or other analytically-intensive roles at either high-growth technology startups or well-established companies / institutions
- Strong mission-alignment AND passion for revenue and growth
- Advanced financial modeling skills - attention to detail and best practices are second-nature and able to build in a manner that’s efficient, scalable and intuitive
- Agile self-starter with ability to move quickly and desire to own and be accountable for projects from Day 1
- Results-oriented and metrics-driven
- An expert problem solver and multitasker who can quickly sort out priorities
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and leadership skills, with the ability to communicate and manage staff at all levels
- BS / BA in Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics or similar