Promise helps utilities and government agencies create flexible and affordable solutions for customers struggling to pay off their debt. Our intuitive approach to payment plans and relief distribution leads to increased customer enrollment and recovery rates that are far higher than the industry standard. As a result, customers pay off debt sooner and with fewer penalties, and our partners reduce delinquencies and increase revenue.
The Promise team strives to treat people who are struggling with dignity and provide them with the tools and resources they need to succeed. Our expertise spans sectors: we are technology experts from companies like Google, Stripe, and Palantir, as well as accomplished government leaders. We have raised over $50 million and we’re backed by leading investors such as Kapor Capital, XYZ Ventures, Bronze Investments, First Round Capital, Y Combinator, The General Partnership (formerly Sweat Equity Ventures), Howard Schultz, and others. We're proud to have recently been chosen as one of Fast Company's "World's Most Innovative Companies of 2022" (#39).
We are looking for a seasoned manager to lead our growing Client Support team. Client Support is vital to our long-term success: our clients count on us to help them get through difficult financial situations and to avoid negative consequences. For Promise to grow, we need to scale our support capacity while maintaining the high quality service our clients rely on. We’re looking for an experienced manager who can take over leadership of the team and take it to the next level.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive Client Support Outcomes
- Increase enrollment and repayment rates and reduce churn
- Identify trends in client issues and work with Product and Operations to mitigate/fix them
- Support new business growth through greater advocacy and reference-ability
- Lead A World-class Client Support Team
- Create fast and effective onboarding process for new team members
- Develop and provide ongoing training (new content and gap training)
- Create appropriate leveling / tiering / vertical and/or functional expertise within the team.
- Manage Client Support Activities
- Plan staffing needs and schedule team members appropriately.
- Recruit new team members as our needs grow
- Provide learnings to the Product and Operations teams so we can continuously improve our tools and processes
- Measure Effectiveness of Client Support
- Collaborate to define KPIs for the team
- Work with Data and Operations to build appropriate systems for tracking key metrics
- Create cadence for review within team
- Enhance Effectiveness and Efficiency Through Technology and Workflows
- Collaborate with Operations to improve Client Support tooling and workflows
- Define and implement new and improved workflows and processes for team
- Track all feedback and client experiences to use for references and development - cultivate clients for references
You’re a Great Fit for the Role if You Have:
- 2+ years experience leading client support teams serving consumers and/or end-users
- Proven successful manager of support representatives
- Direct experience scaling support services and growing a team
- A deep desire to help people–our clients are often in difficult financial circumstances and struggling with technology–you should be excited about what they’re able to achieve with a little help
- A love for building scalable, repeatable processes and understanding if they’re working using data
- The ability to inspire others as an enthusiastic and creative leader
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- The ability to multitask: you can triage in the moment across verticals, clients, team members. You can quickly sort out priorities from noise.
- Passion for our mission: You think that improving the way governments interact with their constituents is critical. You want to prove that moving away from punitive approaches to non-payment and treating people with dignity can be a win for everyone.