We’re looking for agile, mission-driven full stack engineers to build better products for governments and the people they serve.
Promise is a government payment platform built for the people. Each year, thousands of individuals face significant consequences for the failure to pay government debt. Promise has found that many want to pay but are blocked by a confusing and rigid system. We’re solving this problem with a more humane approach that leads to significantly higher payments. This means citizens pay off debt faster, consequences are reduced, and government is more efficient.
- Build out our core payments and communications platform while taking a data-driven approach to iterating on new features.
- Work across the stack and collaborate across the organization to ensure our technology solves real-world problems for our users.
- Own the planning and implementation of a significant portion of the platform, including soliciting feedback, and iterating to success.
- Build on our existing technology stack while learning new technology and driving good technical decision-making.
- Write code designed to run in enterprise production systems for a long time.
- Drive technical and product decision-making that aligns with our real world goal of making government work better for individuals.
We are looking for applications who have:
- A drive to build software that promotes equity and accessibility.
- A desire to learn from and contribute to a growing engineering team.
- Experience working across the tech stack.
You may be a good fit if you have:
- Built software for government or for consumers before.
- Worked with financial technology before.
- Experience with our tech stack: NodeJS, TypeScript, React, AWS Lambda
Applications are reviewed at least weekly, and we will reach out for a phone interview with qualified applicants.