Promise modernizes and humanizes government payments. We are a comprehensive payments platform that increases revenue and efficiency for government agencies. We help residents navigate payments with dignity and ease to avoid the negative consequences of non-payment. Promise’s win-win services strengthen the bond between government agencies and the communities which they serve.
As a Business Analyst at Promise, you’ll play a critical role in helping shape the future of our product. You’ll own the “whys” of our product: why it works, for which type of client and customer, under what type of circumstances, and where we can improve. You’ll work side-by-side with our CEO, CTO, and Heads of Client and Customer Success, deeply understanding the current state of the product and where revenue comes from. You’ll become intimately familiar with the client (end-user) and their usage patterns, as well as the customer (B2B) needs for each vertical. You’ll understand our revenue goals and help model out how product, pricing, or service changes could help get us there. You’ll build reports and dashboards as needed that tell stories of our revenue and product performance. Your ultimate goal will be to uncover actionable business insights and solutions, serving up data-driven recommendations for improvements.
This role reports to the CEO.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with the CEO to deeply understand her vision for the company, the current state of the product and our revenue goals, and known gaps in product knowledge in order to determine key questions to be answered
- Support revenue and product reporting needs organization-wide, identifying ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Help identify trends in data sets and performance metrics
- Be the point person for the tools and systems that aggregate our data, recommending any upgrades
- Get creative around plugging data gaps where needed: suggest and manage manual collection methods
- Perform cohort analysis to understand why certain user groups perform the way they do, making recommendations for how to positively impact performance
- Analyze activity and performance between verticals, as well as between customers. Understand and clearly communicate why certain verticals or customers outperform others, taking into consideration any differences in how the customer marketed Promise to its clients, the product offering, the user base, any special services we provided, etc.
- Report back key trends and highlights in our Monday All Hands meeting to align the org around performance and areas for improvement
- Ensure that the CEO and Sales team have easy access to key performance and revenue information at all times
You’re a great fit for the role if…
- You are laser-focused on business impact. You know the right questions to ask because you intimately understand the business, the product, the end-user, and how our customers are communicating about our product. You can filter out noise and lower-impact activity, staying focused on analysis and recommendations that will deliver the biggest impact to the business.
- You take initiative. You see something that needs improvement and you take action. You propose solutions to problems and research subjects that will help you do your job better. You’re proactive about asking questions and seeking clarity about requirements. You thrive in fast-paced environments with people who are constantly looking to innovate, enjoy challenges, and demand excellence.
- You're passionate about accuracy. You double and triple-check your work because you know that accuracy is crucial when reporting on revenue and product data. You pay strong attention to detail, and have excellent math, grammar, spelling, and proof-reading skills.
- 4+ years of experience in management consulting, product management, business strategy, or data analytics
- Strong business intuition and ability to understand complex business operations – you know the right questions to ask, and where to look for answers
- Familiarity with data analytics tools such as Looker, Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Experience writing complex queries from scratch
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- MBA preferred
Compensation: competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience.